Sexual wellness in India on the cusp of take-off
India’s most trusted sexual wellness company shares the country’s personal favourites
Over the last few years, the country has seen a paradigm shift with changing attitudes in regards to personal wellness and intimate products. From the initial scepticism that ThatsPersonal saw during its launch days, the company now enjoys widespread acceptance from a versatile audience. To further substantiate its claim ThatsPersonal gives you the inside scoop with its annual Sex Research report: India Exposed.
While the international market is more receptive to personal intimacy and wellness products, India isn’t lagging too far behind. The sexual wellness market in India is said to grow at a CAGR of 35 percent over the next five years.
Despite the social stigma that still surrounds the market Indian audiences are beginning to see this sector as essential and not just something frivolous. The Indian adult market was pegged at Rs 2500 crores in 2015, and will be a worth a whopping Rs 10,000 crores in 2020, and has seen unique customers from over 961 Indian cities and towns.
While the metros dominate the charts with the highest number of sales, Mumbai being the foremost, we have seen a steady increase of awareness in tier 2 and 3 cities.While tier 2 cities have seen larger growth, tier 3 cities see a larger basket size per order. In the top rank among the tier 2 cities are Jaipur, Surat and Lucknow.
|Apart from the growth in these cities, a few statistics from the top performers.
· Gujarat – 17% of total adult game sales
· Goa – 14% of nations total purchase of massage oils
· Bihar – 23% of all purchases from the state are male performance enhancers
· Kerala – 76% of orders includes condoms among other products
In the battle of the sexes, men and women both hold their own with 59% men buyers and 41% women buyers, however women hold higher purchasing power have a 17% larger basket size than men on average. The product that wins with both the sexes arelubricants, the highest purchased product from the website at 20%, second to none.
Proving the adage, that age is just a number, right, the website has seen a range of customers from young adults to senior citizens buying consistently. The age bracket of 18 to 24 sees the largest percentage of self-pickup. The most number of unique users and repeat clients are from the 25 – 34 age group. The segment that has seen the largest growth from the previous financial year, are the 35 to 44 year olds, and we also see the largest average order value from this group as well. Women definitely get naughty after forty, and are the majority consumers in the 45 and above category.
The report covers all aspects surrounding sex products and gives insight into some really interesting points to ponder
- Baroda and Pune have greater number of female buyers. This is a phenomenon which is not seen in most cities in India.
- Cities from the north-east (Imphal and Agartala) are high purchasers of kinky range of sexual products especially from the Fifty Shades of Grey
- The sales from Gujarat, not completely unsurprisingly, triple during Navratri
- The period around March is the time of the year when India sees the lowest purchases of adult products!
- Naughty Nurse is most bought role-play costume while blindfolds are the most purchased kinky products!
Categories: Trending News